The best way to add value during a construction project is to hire a general contractor at the early stage before design consultants have been identified and hired. This simple act will help the customer avoid potential claims and budget overruns. Initiating pre-construction services early in a project creates a profitable team relationship where benefits highly outweigh costs.
When teaming with Morrissey Construction Company for pre-construction needs, clients are impressed with the intricate knowledge and experience we have in regards to creating a solid foundation and coordinating successful projects.
As the majority of construction decisions are made within the initial design phase, Morrissey Construction understands how critical pre-construction services are to ensuring that the client’s dollar is maximized. Taking advantage of these services will result in fewer change orders and high efficiency, which equates to the project staying on schedule and within budget.
Pre-Construction Services include, but are not limited to:
- Project budgeting and estimating
- Schematic design and drawings review
- Construction document review and coordination
- Constructability reviews and commentary
- Value engineering and cost solutions
- Critical path scheduling
- Identifying and preordering of long lead items
- Design team meetings
- Life cycle cost analysis
- Construction phasing, sequencing and site logistics
- Permitting, subcontractor preparation and packaging