We are currently seeking a Senior Level Estimator.
Morrissey Construction Company seeks a qualified senior level estimator experienced in multi-family residential and commercial building construction for budget, negotiated and competitively bid jobs from $100,000 to $20,000,000 with strong communication, organization and leadership skills.
Qualified candidates must have:
* At least 10 years’ experience in cost estimating general building construction in commercial/multi-family projects ranging from 1 to 20 million dollars
* High ethical standards and behavior
* Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
* Proficiency in computer software applications
* The ability to build teams, lead projects, and manage resources
* Effective oral and written communication skills
Position description is as follows:
* Prepare detailed estimates (conceptual, schematic, design development, construction)
* Ensure that estimates, including general conditions, are accurate, complete and reflect the actual requirements of the project. This includes ensuring that there are an adequate number of qualified and financially sound subcontractor proposals received and evaluated.
* Prepare bid packages, obtain bids from subcontractors and material vendors, and analyze bids from subcontractors and material vendors.
* Effectively communicate with the owner, A/E’s and subcontractors to resolve technical matters during negotiation and contract execution.
* Prepare subcontracts and major purchase orders in accordance with the documents and the estimate.
* Coordinate the assembly of the preconstruction material for presentation purposes to the owner.
* Coordinate, manage, supervise, train, and mentor support resources for subordinate preconstruction members and support staff.
* Develop a preliminary construction schedule for each estimate.
* Keep current on changes and trends in methods of construction and materials, construction costs, wage rates, fringes and working rules.
* Identify and qualify new material suppliers and subcontractors and place into subcontractor database.
* Create and maintain professional relationships with clients and A/E contacts. This includes attending client-initiated meetings and ceremonial events.
* Identify new work opportunities and inform Sales and Marketing of potential projects with current clients.
Compensation and Benefits:
* Compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications
* 401(k) with company match
* Excellent health, dental, and vision insurance
* Paid vacation, holidays, and sick days